Monday, September 5, 2011

Ms. Taco's First Impressions-Monday Nights

2 Broke Girls
Series Premiere September 19th-9:30pm-CBS
Regular time slot begins September 26th-8:30 pm-CBS

I was really excited when I first heard of this series because one of the main stars is Kat Dennings (Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist, Thor), whose Twitter page I am in love with. I haven’t seen Dennings in much, but I liked her enough in Nick and Nora to be excited about her doing a network show. However, after watching the preview for this one, my interest waned a bit. Dennings has never struck me as a conventional comedic actress, yet I feel like she is stuck in such a conventional comedy filled with one note, predictable jokes. Though, I must admit that after a second viewing I did find myself almost chuckling at a few moments, and I am kind of interested to see how the friendship between the two leads develops. Overall, the presence of Dennings, my interest in seeing where they take the characters, and a pick by Entertainment Weekly as one of their top 5 new shows has me thinking I will check this one out as least for a few episodes.

Hart of Dixie
Series Premiere September 26th-9 pm-The CW

Well, I’m a sucker for shows like these, and after the demise of Life Unexpected last year, I’m still craving a CW show that brings me back to old school WB. Based on the preview, I’m not sure this show can hold a candle to my WB favorites (Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Felicity) but it does seem to have some heart. The premise of a woman doctor coming to practice in a small town and not being accepted makes it feel like a present day Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (which I must admit I was a huge fan of as evidenced by the complete series set sitting on my DVD shelf). All of this combined with Rachel Bilson (The OC) and Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) returning to starring TV roles makes this a show I definitely will be checking out.

Also new this fall is Terra Nova, premiering September 26th at 8pm on Fox, and The Playboy Club, premiering September 19th at 10pm on NBC. Neither of these shows struck a real interest in me from their previews, but they might be of interest to some of you!

Ms. Taco’s Returning Monday Night Favorite:
How I Met Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment