Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miss Taco's First Impressions-Tuesday Nights

Ringer
Series premiere September 13th-9pm-The CW

The big news here is that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, the Vampire Slayer) is back on TV! I'm interested to see her tackle on two very different roles, which she showed herself to be adept at in one of my favorite Buffy episodes, "Who Are You?". It also doesn't hurt to see that Nestor Carbonell (Lost) and Kristoffer Polaha (Life Unexpected, Mad Men) are gonna show up. I'm so excited for this show, probably too excited since most shows don't live up to the initial hype. The preview sets up some awesome mysteries that I'm dying to know the answers to.  I'm very skeptical about getting into a show like this because you run the risk of it getting cancelled while still dangling all the mysteries in front of you.  I'm also thinking about the long term potential of this show should it get picked up for a full season and then renewed for a second. Are they going to solve all the mysteries by season's end and set up new ones or will we still be left hanging at the end of season 1? I'm not sure which scenario I'd prefer. One thing I am sure of is that I'm completely amped up to see this pilot episode. Skepticism or not, I'm all in on this one!


New Girl
Series premiere September 20th-9pm on-FOX


This one appears to be the quirky comedy I was looking for in 2 Broke Girls. Zooey Deschanel is another one of my faves, so I'm excited to see her making the rounds on the small screen. As a long term proponent of "guys and girls can be friends!", I'm interested in this set-up of a girl moving in with three guys after her break up, if it's done right. If the writers resort to having Jess hook up with all the guys at some point, I might start having some Gizzie flashbacks and need to tune out. Until then, this preview seems light and fun and makes me want to get to know Jess a little more. I'm in on this one, but why must it be on the same time as Ringer??


Unforgettable
Series premiere September 20th-10 pm-CBS


The jury's still out on whether or not I'm gonna check this one out. Cop shows are not normally my thing, but I must admit this preview has me intrigued. I like the idea of us seeing her walking inside her memories and discovering new aspects of the crime. It feels like a slightly less complex take on seeing crimes from various perspectives a la Boomtown. I have a feeling I will at least check out the pilot episode of this one, but will it intrigue me enough to lure me into procedural crime shows? Time will tell.


Also new this fall is Last Man Standing, premiering October 11th at 8pm on ABC, and Man-Up, premiering October 18th at 8:30 pm on ABC. Neither of these shows struck a real interest in me from their previews, but they might be of interest to some of you!


Ms. Taco's Returning Tuesday Night Favorite:
Glee

5 comments:

  1. I just saw a preview for Unforgettable earlier today for the first time. It does look sort of interesting - and incredible for someone like me who can't remember anything! ;) I like Poppy Montgomery okay, so it could be good. (BTW, did you know she played J.K. Rowling in a made-for-TV movie?) And, of course, I do like a good cop/detective/mystery show. Maybe we should check this show out together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't even know there was a J.K Rowling movie! Yes, you do like your detective shows :) I'm up for watching it together...maybe I'll be converted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the ringer...i'm actually interested in seeing this. I'll listen to your review once it airs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,I hope I can give it a positive review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, I don't think the J.K. Rowling movie got good reviews, actually.

    Yay, sounds like a plan! :)

    ReplyDelete