Friday, September 9, 2011

Ms. Taco's First Impressions-Thursday Nights

*Ms. Taco apologizes for the lateness of this post*

The Secret Circle
Series premiere September 15th-9pm-The CW

The CW (formerly the WB and UPN) was always known for taking care of it's own, so it's not shocking to see Brit Robertson (Life Unexpected) back on the network this season. From the preview, I feel like this show could either be really good or really awful, but I like Robertson alot and I think I'm going to give this one a shot. There's definitely a The Craft feel to it, which I'm really excited about and oddly enough, I'm having some witchcraft withdrawal. Also, being a huge fan of arc shows, I'm interested to see where they take the story of her mother's past. Either way, this is the only show on Thursday nights that has really peaked my interest, so I might as well take a look.

Person of Interest 
Series premiere September 22nd-9pm-CBS

Even though I'm probably not checking this one out, I did want to post a little blurb about it because it was initially on my radar. Created by JJ Abrams (Felicity, Alias, Lost) and starring Michael Emerson (Lost), how could it not be? But I watched the preview and despite it's novel concept, it still seems pretty generic to me. I feel like it would just be more of the same week after week. I'd be more interested if I knew that they were going to explore the pasts of the two main characters more, but I definitely don't get that impression from the preview. It just seems like too much action and not enough character development for me. If I hear otherwise, I might give it a shot.

Also premiering this fall is Prime Suspect, premiering September 22nd at 10 pm on NBC, Whitney, premiering September 22nd at 9:30 pm on NBC, How To Be A Gentleman, premiering September 29th at 8:30 pm on CBS, and Charlie's Angels, premiering September 22nd at 8pm on ABC. None of these shows struck a real interest in me, but they might be of interest to some of you!

Ms. Taco's Returning Thursday Night Favorite:
Parks and Recreation

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing previews for Person of Interest and I have to say I am just puzzled by it. Maybe the previews I've been seeing are too short because I don't get how the one guy knows how crimes are going to happen before they happen...seems like an odd setup and I'm not buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all I could gather is that the main guy has created some device that pulls up social security numbers of people who are going to be harmed in some way. I'm not really buying it either. Seems like too much of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh okay. Yeah, still doesn't make sense but at least it's some kind of explanation.

    ReplyDelete