Friday, September 9, 2011

Ms. Taco's First Impressions-Wednesday Nights

*Ms. Taco apologizes for the lateness of this post*

Up All Night
Series premiere September 14th-10pm-NBC
Regular time slot begins September 21st-8pm-NBC


I hadn't even heard of this show until recently, but I was really drawn in when viewing the preview. Will Arnet (Arrested Development) and Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?) are both really likable, so that might be part of the draw for me, but I also found myself really attracted to following this couple along for the ride of raising a new baby. I'm also loving the way this series is shot. Some of the scenes of them with the baby made me feel like I was right there with them, which contributes to the concept of following them as they raise her. I'm always kind of skeptical about comedies. It takes a lot to get to me to actually stick with one, but I really like the idea of this show so I'm hoping these characters are fleshed out enough to keep me watching week to week.


Suburgatory
Series premiere September 28th-8:30pm-ABC
Revenge
Series premiere September 21st-10pm-ABC


I really wanted to like these shows, Suburgatory because I always like a good suburbia satire and Revenge because I'm a huge Emily Van Camp (Everwood, Brothers and Sisters) fan but I actually found myself kind of bored watching these previews. I'm not quite sure they will live up to my expectations from initially hearing about them. Suburgatory seems kind of silly and I don't see one character in Revenge who would be of interest to me, even Van Camp's aptly named Emily. Maybe I'll be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I'm putting these two on my maybe list. Final decision to come in a future blog post.


Also premiering this fall are Free Agents, premiering September 21st at 8:30pm on NBC, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, premiering at November 30th 9:30 pm on FOX, H8R, premiering September 14th at 8pm on the CW, and The X Factor, premiering September 21st at 8pm on FOX. None of these shows struck a real interest in my from their previews, but they might be of interest to some of you!


Ms. Taco's Returning Wednesday Night Favorite:
Modern Family

No comments:

Post a Comment